If your child is less than 6 years old and you show him videos on mobile to keep him clam, to feed and to pacify him, then this news is for you only.
Ben Injury expert and neuropsychologist Dr. Alvaro Bilbao revealed through research that children exposed to screens under the age of six are irritable. Their concentration is less as compared to children who do not use mobile. Memory also becomes weak. Even the memory of him mind and head can be recorded in his mind children also struggle to find their own interests, which is an important factor in how they get ahead in life. The screen as a distraction. it would be as dangerous as giving an 800 CC bike to a child who has just learned to walk.
He said that many parents start encouraging children to look at screen to distract the attention of them but It is dangerous to amuse a child below 6 years of age with a mobile, such misdemeanor children do not recognize their interest and their childhood memories become blurred.
Dr. Bilbao said by giving the example of nurturing an oak tree that ,from seed to maturity, children need physical safety, safe environment, and need to nurtured by parents. Child’s trust on parents also plays a positive role Children’s screen friendship has been a concern among parents in recent years.
According to study how much time should children spend in front of the screen-
- Children below 18 months of age should be kept away from the screen except for video chats with family members.
- Parents can occasionally show educational programs to children 18 -24 months old.
- Children ages 2-5 should have less than 1 hour of non- educational screen time a week and less than 3 hours of educational video times a week .
Let the kid be bored; small tasks can increase creativity in them-
- Avoid scolding children. This leads to deactivation of the cerebral cortex part of the childe’s brain, which helps them learn to manage things.
- Let the child be bored sometimes, it can prove to be helpful in increasing their creativity.
- Give small task to the children. For example, ask them to bring small household items.
- Talk to children a lot, tell them lots of stories. Let them meet with children of their own age. This can play an important role in their intellectual development.
Screen time recommendations by age-
|Babies 0-18 months||None|
|Toddlers 18-24 months||<1 hour|
|Children 2-5 years||0-3 hour|
|Kids and Teens 6-17 years||2 hour|
|Teens and Adults 2-4 years||2-4 hour|